Energy Policy and Economics Group
The Energy Policy & Economics Group (EP&E) group is part of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's (PNNL's) Energy and Environment Directorate. EP&E staff provide customers with a strong combination of experience and expertise in the areas of:
- Economics and Regulatory Analysis
- Renewable Energy Feasibility Assessments (wind, bio, solar, geothermal)
- Energy Efficient Advanced Lighting
- Energy Efficient Appliances & Commercial Equipment Standards & Test Procedures
- Technology Planning, Market Adoption, Impact Analysis, and Deployment Support.
In addition to the 49 EP&E staff members located in Richland, EP&E also manages the operation of PNNL's Portland, Ore., office with 23 staff working in the areas of energy, environment, and national security.
- Building and Facilities Energy Utilization Assessments, Audits, Codes & Standards, Efficiency Planning & Implementation
- Economic\Regulatory Impact Modeling and Assessments - technology, energy, transportation, environment and national security
- Financial Analyses and Recommendations - commercialization, investment, financial and contracting decisions
- Life-Cycle Analysis - energy costs and consumption, economic options and new technology impacts
- Technology Market Adoption - outreach planning, communication materials, events
- Next Generation Lighting Policy, Standards, Testing & Market Adoption
- Project Management - professionally certified managers experienced in delivering projects ranging from research and development to field deployment.
- Renewable Energy Assessments, Impacts, and Feasibility Analyses
- Technology Adaptation, Testing and Deployment
- Technology Impact Assessments.
EP&E Group Mission, Vision, ValuesEP&E Group Mission Statement
The EP&E Group's mission is to develop and deliver technology & economic policy planning, analysis, and deployment solutions that exceed client expectations.EP&E Group Vision Statement
The EP&E Group will be recognized internally and externally for its impactful technology planning, assessment, and deployment capabilities and for enabling smarter decision making with our policy and economic analysis strength.EP&E Group Values
In order to perform our mission and attain our vision, we believe that we must foster and sustain a culture that is dedicated to exceeding customer expectations, superior business performance and high standards of ethical behavior. Our values include:
- Consistently delivering value added products and services that exceed our customers’ expectations (technically and programmatically).
- Fostering an environment that is conducive to developing creative solutions and enabling staff to perform at their best.
- Commitment to high standards of quality and integrity in the work we do for our clients.
- Taking our commitments seriously. We think through our commitments before making them and we live up to them once made. We only promise what we can deliver.
- Treating each other and our clients with honesty, respect and dignity.